Gateway of Hope is a community of people who together strive to learn God's purpose and plan for their lives. Imagine a home for EVERYONE looking for hope.
Gateway of Hope exists to connect REAL PEOPLE, to a REAL GOD, in a REAL WAY!
WHAT WE BELIEVE
• WE BELIEVE in one God who has eternally revealed Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, conceived and born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed many attesting miracles; was crucified until dead, was buried, arose triumphant three days later, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven.
• WE BELIEVE that all have fallen short of God’s expectations; that we are hopelessly lost without a savior and that Jesus Christ died in order that all (regardless of any human distinction) may be saved by having faith in His atoning death, and that this salvation is by grace alone, apart from works. This promise is available to all who confess the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and believe in their heart that God has raised Him from the dead.
• WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, brings us to the Savior, and then empowers the believer to live an abundant life.
• WE BELIEVE in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a separate and distinct work subsequent to salvation. This blessing is to be earnestly sought by all believers.
• WE BELIEVE in the gifts of the Spirit, which are available to all believers and enable them to carry out their calling.
• WE BELIEVE that those who follow Christ are called to obey His commandments to love one another, to be servants to all, and to live lives worthy of the price paid for their redemption.
• WE BELIEVE that believers’ baptism (by immersion) is an act of obedience testifying to all of the old life of sin coming to an end, and a new life of serving Christ beginning, and that this act testifies of our salvation, but is not the means whereby we gain it.
• WE BELIEVE in the observance of the Lord’s Supper (Holy Communion) and that the table of the Lord is open to all followers of Christ regardless of church affiliation.
• WE BELIEVE that God has called the church to gather together to worship God corporately, build up the body of believers through sound Biblical teaching and encouragement, and to be the messenger of God’s love and salvation to ALL by any and all means available.
• WE BELIEVE that Heaven and Hell are real places where souls will spend eternity; Heaven, the eternal reward of the believer; Hell the judgment for Satan and his angels and those who have not placed their trust in Christ.
• WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ will return in great power and glory and that His return is imminent. We await the day that we shall see Him face to face with eager expectation and cry “Even so Lord Jesus, come quickly.”